October 23, 2017

Spa 41 Opens in Avondale Plaza

Canton, Ohio – Many Cantonians will remember Avondale Plaza, across Fulton Rd from St. Michaels in Plain Township as home of Avondale Drugs, Steffies Hair Salon & Steve’s Barber Shop.

Today, after renovations by current owner, Stoneham Associates, Inc., it welcomes Spa 41. Owner Alyssa Gearhart moved her salon from North Main St, North Canton, to here because she needed more rooms. Her services include massage therapy, facials, nails, pedicures and spray tanning.

The 2,250 sq.ft. suite is double the size of Spa 41’s previous location.

Other firms in Avondale Plaza include Joe Smithberger Photography, Home Care Network, Avondale Razor’s Edge Barbershop, SalonCentrix, & Flex-Team.

 Image Gallery - Click To Enlarge

October 20, 2017

Former Brick Plant Bought by Pallet Firm

Strasburg, Ohio – Brewster, Ohio, based Premier Pallet & Recycling has purchased the former Belden Brick Plant at 7666 Reed Rd NW, Strasburg, Ohio.

Owners Pete & Leslie Grove need the additional 80,000 sq.ft. under roof the plant provides. The buildings sit on 23 acres east of I-77 near the Strasburg Exit #89.

Belden purchased the plant from Strasburg Brick in 1974. They operated the kiln and drying oven in the plant until 2007. It was used as storage until placed on the market 3 years ago with Wick Hartung, Co-owner and Broker of Putman Properties, Inc., a Canton, Ohio, based commercial/industrial firm.

The main pre-engineered building is 42,000 sq.ft. It is mostly “shade & shelter,” since the heat came from the kiln and drying oven.

There also is a 38,000 sq.ft. of roofed concrete area ideal for storing pallets.

The site was originally a black smith operation in the late 1800’s. Stowe Fuller Refractory of Philadelphia operated “bee hive” kilns there until 1898. Then it was sold to Robinson Clay Products who manufactured refractory and face brick.

While the plant was idle, it was sold to Myers Brick in 1965 for $40,000. The Myers family built a new Swindell Dressler kiln first lit in May of 1966. The name became Strasburg Brick until Belden Brick purchased the property in 1974.

Hartung reports Premier Pallet had been leasing the property the last three (3) years. The 80,000 sq.ft. on 23 acres sold for $700,000. Financing was provided by Chase Bank.

 Image Gallery - Click To Enlarge


Enter Your Email Address Below To Receive Updates from Putman Properties Inc.